Write your thesis as a Scientific Article. Organize the content of your manuscript as follows:
- Title Page
- Abstract (max 250 words)
- Introduction (max 1500 words)
- Materials and Methods (max 2000 words)
- Results (max 2500 words)
- Discussion (max 2000 words)
- References (max 40)
- Figure Legends
Thesis supervisor must belong to the Molecular Biotechnology Board. It is possible to have an external supervisor and a co-supervisor of the Board.
This includes a 10 min. oral presentation and 5 min. discussion.
Maximum score: 7 points
The final assessment is expressed with a grade out of one hundred and ten.
The exam is considered passed with a minimum grade of 66/110 and a maximum grade of 110/110. The score is calculated by transforming the average grades of the exams (arithmetic mean), which are expressed with a grade out of thirty, into a grade out of one hundred and ten, and by adding the score obtained by the thesis defense (minimum: 0; maximum: 7).
Summa cum laude may be attribuited by the Board by unanimous decision when the score is ≥ 111/110 or is 110/110 and the student has passed at least one exam with “30 cum laude”
When granted Summa cum laude the Board may grant honors by unanimous decision as follows:
- Special mention (menzione) when the student has passed at least five exams with “30 cum laude” j
- Recommendation for Publication (dignità di Stampa) when the student is co-author of an accepted or submitted paper.
- July 16th 2020 h. 14.00 Istruzioni per gli Studenti
- October 15th 2020 h. 14.00
- December 3th 2020 h. 14.00
- March 18th 2021 h. 14.00
Registration of credits for Stage and Thesis will be held the month before Thesis defense, i.e. on February, June, September and November
- Submit an application for graduation by following the procedure.
- Fifteen days before the date of Thesis Defense send the following documents at email@example.com:
- Abstract in pdf format. Name the file as follows: Last Name_Abstract
- Thesis in pdf format. Name the file as follows: Last Name_Thesis
- For request of "Recommendation for Publication" (Dignità di Stampa) a copy of the accepted paper or a copy of the submission letter
In the mail subject, please indicate First Name_Last Name_Date of Graduation